2016 Strategic Plan
Business Growth and Stability (Business Retention)
Provide business resources, financial assistance and ombudsman services to existing businesses so they can grow and expand to create jobs and make capital investments.
1. $58 million  in new commercial private sector capital investments.
2. 150 new jobs  created in urban centers and corridors.
3. 150 new non-retail jobs  created in the following targeted industries: medical, manufacturing, research and development, bio-science, energy, enabling technologies, professional services.
4. 97% of the number of businesses with 50 or more employees will be retained annually.
5. 80% of the number of non-home based businesses under 50 employees will be retained annually.
6. Compare commercial vacancy rates  in Arvada vs. the Denver metro area vacancy rates.
7. Conduct 60 retention visits.
New Business Development (Business Attraction)
Provide project facilitation services to new businesses so they can locate in Arvada, create jobs, make capital investments and generate additional revenues for the City.
8. $58 million  in new commercial private sector capital investments.
9. 150 new jobs  created in urban centers and corridors.
10. 150 new non-retail jobs  created in the following targeted industries: medical, manufacturing, research and development, bio-science, energy, enabling technologies, professional services.
11. $250,000 in sales tax revenues generated by new retail businesses.
12. 75 new commercial business prospects
13. 45 new business and/or development project facilitations.
14. Develop a strategy for industrial land
Provide tools, education and resource awareness services to new businesses, existing businesses and strategic partners so they can access economic development services.
15. 23% open rate of the AEDA e-newsletter.
16. 23% open rate of the Real Estate e-newsletter.
17. 300 additional social media followers on AEDA-exclusive social media outlets.
18. 80 Arvada clients access Jefferson County Business Resource Center (JCBRC).
Strategic Alliance (Partnerships)
Provide leadership, financial and consultation services to strategic partners so they can leverage shared resources to advance Arvada’s economic development goals.
19. 30 new Arvada prospects generated by strategic partners.
20. 100% strategic partnerships (representations  ) which require active AEDA participation
 Combined grand total of all capital investments for Business Growth and Stability and New Business Development programs. (Includes investments for buildings, furniture, fixtures, equipment, etc. as reported by building and finance divisions.)
 Combined total of all new jobs for Business Growth and Stability and New Business Development programs. (Note: Businesses may appear and be counted in both categories for result measurements.)
 Defined as office, industrial, and retail.
 Defined as receiving funding, staff time, referrals or organization awareness through AEDA.