2013 Strategic Plan
Arvada Economic Development Association (AEDA) 2013 STRATEGIC PLAN
Council Goals: Work towards achieving City Council identified economic development goals. Implement standards of reporting progress.
Goal: Business retention/expansion
- Serve as primary business-to-government liaison, ombudsman, and “information broker” for all businesses.
- Support AEDA’s Retention Committee 2013 Work Plan.
- Partner with existing businesses to attract targeted businesses to the community.
- Develop new and strengthen existing strategic alliances with organizations with common goals that could provide resources and/or support business growth in Arvada.
- Develop or enhance current partnerships with existing businesses by offering a variety of products and services. This includes traditional programs and new innovative products and services.
- Evaluate and adjust existing grant programs to encourage private-sector investment, increase sales tax and job growth, and/or upgrade exterior property elements. Promote financial loan and grant programs that will provide access to capital which result in achieving AEDA goals.
- Facilitate business assistance and/or communications for businesses adversely impacted by public projects.
Goal: Development and Redevelopment
- Continue to improve an aggressive industrial, commercial and retail recruitment program to
- Aggressively pursue retail opportunities for targeted areas of the City. - Research prospects, analyze demographics, build/maintain relationships, review City policies/code for appropriate revision, and conduct target marketing activities.
- Encourage revitalization of distressed commercial areas throughout Arvada.
- Increase the job base and encourage increased capital investment.
- Attract new businesses and encourage expansion of existing businesses.
- Work with and engage strategic alliances to assist startup and existing businesses that want to grow. Jefferson County Business Resource Center, CO Enterprise Fund, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (MDEDC), JeffCo Economic Development Corporation, Adams County Economic Development, State of Colorado, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Promote infrastructure readiness (including communications technology, transportation, etc.) and/or user-friendly business park environments.
- Facilitate development, as appropriate, for retail, office, R&D, industrial, targeted industries, and others.
Goal: Marketing/Public Relations
Continue an overall economic development education and marketing program designed to increase awareness of services to existing Arvada businesses, as well as to develop major new working prospects to support the industrial/commercial/retail recruitment effort. To be accomplished as follows:
- Design a new state-of-the art, online business directory for AEDA’s website.
- Increase AEDA’s social media contacts by 25%.
- Market Arvada to targeted retail, and commercial users. Monitor and promote property database.
- Create strong partnerships to further AEDA’s retail and industry recruitment goals and outreach.
- Increase communications with and for all businesses, including promoting The Arvada Way and AEDA’s “story”, as well as promoting available products, services, and partners.
- Utilize economic development alliances to effectively market to targeted industries, such as MDEDC Site Selectors Conference.
- Identify business and commercial development opportunities and provide support as appropriate.
- Enhance current media relations. Promote business stories and commercial real estate opportunities.
- Use most effective and cost efficient approach to enhancing real estate partnerships and outreach.
Provide support, communications, and liaison assistance for community-related activities.