Business Appreciation Awards
Since 1994, AEDA has sponsored its annual Business Appreciation Awards program honoring Arvada businesses and community leaders who represent the best in industry innovation, community spirit and the overall commitment to the Arvada community. In 2015, AEDA recognized the following honorees:
• Lloyd J. King Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Named after the founder of King Soopers, which was started in Olde Town Arvada. This year the award went to Dennis Meyer of Das Meyer Fine Pastry Chalet. Das Meyer located at 13251 W. 64th Avenue is family owned and has been in business since 1982 winning numerous awards for their wedding cakes.
• Business Collaboration Award: Recognizing the partnership between Industrial Chemicals Corporation, 5280 Armory and Simply Storage (three private companies) that overcame the challenge of finding suitable space for each of their growing establishments in order to be able to stay in Arvada.
• Community Partnership Award: Red Rocks Community College Health Sciences Campus, in Arvada.
• Outstanding Large Business of the Year: Costco located at 5195 Wadsworth Boulevard.
• Outstanding Small Business of the Year: S&H Products located at 5891 Nolan Street.